Friday, September 05, 2008

Breaking Radio Silence

Because I've found something to say.

It's September already?? Sheesh, summer was short this year. Took forever to get here, too, so I hope winter will do likewise. School just started a couple of weeks ago, and I've picked up a college course again, after fifteen years sitting out of academia. It feels good. Interestingly enough, I'm not even the oldest person in my class; more like middle of the pack from what I can tell. It's a small class, about fifteen people, with an interesting mix of personalities which is really good in a creative writing class. It's having the intended effect of getting me past my recent bout of writer's block, so definitely worth a couple hours out of my day twice a week. On the other hand, I've spent more of my writerly energies on material for class rather than on anything here. I promise to try to bring that more into balance over the next week or so.

I'm not going to say much about the current election season right now, as so many others have said the things that are on my mind right now so much better than I can. Let me just register my opinion that Obama is pretty much the only hope I think this nation has, McCain is frighteningly, increasingly delusional, and his choice of Palin as a running mate will, I HOPE, put paid to any chance he may have had for winning the election. More about politics later when I'm feeling more in the mood to write in that mode...

And I just got a very nice delivery this afternoon of some microbrewed beers from Texas, courtesy of a Houstonian friend. Thank you, David. You rock.

More later...

0 comments: