Thursday, July 13, 2006

UPDATE: Attack of the Chores, Pt. 2

Dishes done... thanks, honey. (He's a sweetheart!)
Website under way.
Laundry farther along... thanks to my honey again for that. I get to finish it tomorrow.
No closet organizer yet, but it's coming. Soon. I haven't been to the store for it yet. Oh well, the current shelves will hold some of this new clean laundry...
I finally got out of the house before I went crazy. Went to the marina where a friend of a friend keeps her boat, and watched the Parade of Tall Ships as they entered Cleveland Harbor for Harborfest late this afternoon/early this evening. Unfortunately, my digital camera's zoom feature wasn't quite up to getting really good shots of the tall ships (they were rather far out from where we sat) but my friend's 35mm was more than equal to the task, so if he shares pics with me, I'll post some here. I did, however, get some decent shots of the sailboat races right after the tall ships went by (the sailboats were a lot closer to us) and I will have them up on this site sometime in the next couple of days, I think.
Got a last-minute invite to see a movie... Scanner Darkly, based on the 1977 novel by Philip K. Dick. Great film style, using the same "interpolated rotoscoping" animation technique you may have seen recently in those Charles Schwab ads on tv. Psychologically creepy story, with a bit of murk toward the end that is going to make me go out and get a copy of the book just so I can compare details in an effort to tie up the loose ends still rattling around in my brain.

It's extremely humid, but perhaps the bedroom has cooled enough to sleep in by now... my honey has opted to bed down on the futon in front of our livingroom windows for the night, that being the breeziest spot we have. But it's too muggy to sleep next to him, and in any case he has to be up earlier than I do, so I'm off to find a fan and hit the hay.

(x-posted 1, 2)

0 comments: